Are there any bets that are affected by the zero spaces?

M

Mike_25

The zero pockets on Roulette wheels are spaces that neither red nor black numbers fall into, only the green zero and double-zero. This means the house has slightly higher odds against any bet that does not include the zero spaces, like bets on red/black or odd/even. Bets that do cover the zeros, like columns or dozens, are affected less. My question is whether the presence of the zeros has any significant impact on the bets we choose to make, or if the house's edge remains about the same regardless. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts and experience on this. Let's discuss.

By putting chips on the line separating two nearby numbers, a split bet is made on those numbers. In European roulette, the split bet is a loser if one of the numbers is zero. In American roulette, the double zero implies that the stake is lost if one of the split numbers is zero or double zero.

Less of an impact is felt on wagers like columns or dozens that actually cover the zeros. My concern is whether the zeros have any real bearing on the wagers we decide to place or if the house edge is essentially unchanged. I'd be interested in learning your opinions and experiences on this.

The presence of zeros affects bets that cover multiple numbers as well, such as split bets (covering two adjacent numbers). As the total number of outcomes rises, the odds of winning decrease.

Back