Can serotonin inhibitors suppress gambling addiction?

J

Julio88

Yes, serotonin inhibitors such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) can be used to help suppress gambling addiction. SSRIs are a type of medication that works to increase serotonin levels in the brain. Studies have found that increasing serotonin levels can reduce cravings and other symptoms associated with gambling addiction. SSRIs can also help to reduce impulsivity, which can be a contributing factor to gambling addiction. Additionally, SSRIs can help to improve mood, which can be beneficial for those with gambling addiction who may have underlying depression or anxiety.

I know there are some minor gambling addiction that can be stop by a gambler himself with determination but there are some that are already at the extreme stage and need quick intervention. Only psychologist can prescribe what to use

I know there are some minor gambling addiction that can be stop by a gambler himself with determination but there are some that are already at the extreme stage and need quick intervention. Only psychologist can prescribe what to use
This is a salient point. I believe that it is ideal for a psychologist or a qualified therapist to dictate what you should ingest to try and alleviate this canker of gambling addiction depending on the individual.

That being said, SSRIs may be prescribed to individuals with gambling addiction who also have co-occurring conditions like depression or anxiety. By addressing these underlying conditions, SSRIs may indirectly help in managing the gambling addiction. Additionally, some studies have suggested that SSRIs may reduce impulsivity, which is often associated with addictive behaviors, including gambling.

Back