Clermont - Metz: score prediction

Itkelvin

$Points
In Ligue 1 last year, Reims finished 12th. With two draws in their first two games, they have had a mixed start to the current campaign. They will be aiming to defeat Montpellier and earn the first win of the year.

Nine of the previous 18 encounters between Reims and Montpellier have ended in wins for Reims. However, they have lost their previous five Ligue 1 away games.

Prediction

Although I expect a close game, I'm backing Montpellier to win. They have the home advantage and are the better squad on paper.

Prediction: Montpellier 2-1 Reims

I agree that Montpellier has the advantage in this match, especially playing at home. They have started the season well with a win and a draw, and their squad has shown promising performances. Reims, on the other hand, has had a mixed start and has struggled away from home in recent games.

However, it's worth noting that Reims has had success against Montpellier in previous encounters, winning nine out of the 18 meetings. This could give them some confidence going into the game.

In terms of the score prediction, a 2-1 victory for Montpellier seems like a reasonable outcome. Both teams have shown the ability to score goals, but Montpellier's home advantage and stronger squad should give them the edge.

Overall, it should be an exciting and closely contested match, but Montpellier has a slight edge and is favored to come out on top.

Back