Dealer Bust Potential With 10 Up When You Have a Hard 16

M

Mike_25

When the dealer's upcard is a 10, yet you have a hard total of 16 on your first two cards, should you stay or hit for another card? In my experience, having a hard 16 vs a dealer's 10 upcard means there is a high possibility the dealer will bust, so I recommend staying with what you have for a better chance at winning the hand. What do you think? I'd love to hear from fellow players in the comments below!

I think the dealer has a 23.4% chance of busting with a 10 up card. This means that if you stand on your hard 16, you have a good chance of winning the hand if the dealer busts. However, if you hit your hard 16, there is a high likelihood of busting yourself (62.7% chance) and losing the hand.

It is advised to hit on a hard 16 when facing a dealer's 10, as this tactic is supported by odds and statistics. Hitting gives you the chance to strengthen your hand and possibly outlast the dealer, even though busting is highly likely.

It is advised to hit on a hard 16 when facing a dealer's 10, as this tactic is supported by odds and statistics. Hitting gives you the chance to strengthen your hand and possibly outlast the dealer, even though busting is highly likely.
I think In blackjack, a hard 16 is considered one of the worst hands to be dealt. This is because the odds of busting, or going over 21, are very high if you decide to take another card. However, when the dealer shows a 10, it's statistically more advantageous to take a hit and try to improve your hand.

Back