Do senior citizens have to pay taxes on gambling winnings?

kayode10

$Points
I was so surprised the first time I saw a senior citizen playing a lottery ticket. I was like what could have push this hold citizens to play lucky ticket when they have all the benefits from the government.

One of the questions I want to ask you guys is that Do senior citizens have to pay taxes on gambling winnings? I will be looking forward to your response in the comment section below.

Gambling doesn't deal with age. If there is stated law on betting. Definitely, every law that are laid down will affect all the citizens regardless of whether they are senior citizens or not. Everybody will be affected with such laws.

I can't really ascertain this and I don't know the fact about it but I feel that the government will exclude the seniors from paying taxes because it has been in the structure of most of the countries not to receive taxes from the seniors.

I was so surprised the first time I saw a senior citizen playing a lottery ticket. I was like what could have push this hold citizens to play lucky ticket when they have all the benefits from the government.

One of the questions I want to ask you guys is that Do senior citizens have to pay taxes on gambling winnings? I will be looking forward to your response in the comment section below.
I am not sure that senior citizens would have to pay taxes on lottery winnings because I believe that they are exempt from these kind of payments due to various measures implemented by the government to make their lives easier.

That's based on the kind of country you found yourself, in my own geographical area there's no need of paying taxes on any game before you can be given your winning ticket, always depend on your region

There are some citizens that actually pays huge amount of tax on their winings ,and I think this is actually the way they settle things , the taxes paid by some citizens are huge ,but they have nothing to do

I don't think if it is about tax on games it will be on the age factor I believe that tax on games will be for everyone in the country not because of the age. but I don't think the elderly are taxed all the same

Back