Do you have any tips for avoiding peer pressure to gamble more than I want to?

M

Mike_25

"When you're gambling with friends, it can be hard not to go along with the crowd. But you gotta stick to your own limits, even if that means doing your own thing.

Set your limits before you start and don't budge. Know why you're only willing to lose a certain amount and it'll be easier to say no when friends want you to keep going.

Don't drink too much. The more you drink, the harder it gets to resist stupid bets and peer pressure. Stay sober enough to think for yourself.

Focus on your goals, not what others do. Who cares if your friends are willing to lose more than you? Do what's right for your bankroll, not your reputation.

Speak up and say no. You don't gotta explain why you're stopping. Just be polite but firm, and suggest another activity if they won't let up on the gambling pressure.

And spend time on other shit too. If gambling's not the only thing going on, it's easier to step away from the table without worrying about missing out or not fitting in. Your friends will understand if the gambling bug bites them more than you.

In the end, you're responsible for how much of your money you gamble. Don't blow your limits just to be one of the guys. Do you and enjoy their company without the gambling if you need to. Your wallet will thank you!"

With either peer pressure or not, i don't really think I'm been affected by any peer pressure group. Betting has really been getting the real out of me and I'm sure even if my peer join me, we still cannot win against betting

With either peer pressure or not, i don't really think I'm been affected by any peer pressure group. Betting has really been getting the real out of me and I'm sure even if my peer join me, we still cannot win against betting
Until you can gamble recreationally for entertainment and accept the losses, the games will just keep taking more from you than you'll ever get back, pressure or no pressure.

I think that one should be more assertive in making their choices as to when and how to gamble, rather by letting the actions of others dictate their engagement in this venture, to be fair.

Anybody who is holding his peer responsible for his involvement in gambling addiction is not serious at all. If he had decively made up his mind to gamble responsibly, no amount of pressure would have succeeded in changing his mind unless he is not resolute in his decision.

Back