How do we rate a father promoting gambling among his children?

G

GamblingBoy

It came to me as a surprise when I read about a father celebrating because his son won a bet of a magnanimous amount. When he was interviewed, he said his son had been taking part in sports betting for long without winning until recently when he won a sum of ₦2m with a bet of ₦1000. He said he was happy because he had been the one providing funds anytime the child selected his number of matches he wanted to bet on.
I was surprised and begin to wonder how tenable it is for a father to have promoted and encouraged his ward in sports betting. It still baffled my imagination because I had least expecting it. Pls who had experienced the similar fate?.

It is indeed surprising to hear about a father promoting and encouraging his child's involvement in sports betting. While everyone has different perspectives on gambling, it is generally not advisable for parents to actively engage or promote such activities to their children, especially at a young age.

There are several reasons why a father promoting gambling among his children can be seen as problematic.

1. Addiction: Gambling can be highly addictive, and it can lead to financial, emotional, and psychological problems. Introducing a child to gambling at a young age can increase the risk of them developing an addiction later in life.

2. Financial Responsibility: By actively funding their child's betting activities, the father is not teaching the child about financial responsibility. Instead of promoting savings, investment, and responsible spending, the child is learning that gambling can be a quick and easy way to make money.

3. Education and Values: Instead of focusing on education and personal development, the child's time and attention may be diverted towards gambling. This could have a negative impact on their academic performance and overall development, as they may prioritize betting over more important aspects of their lives.

4. Social Consequences: Gambling can often lead to social isolation, as individuals may start prioritizing their gambling activities over spending time with friends and family. Engaging in gambling at a young age may also hinder a child's ability to develop healthy relationships and social skills.

While there may be instances where individuals have had positive experiences with gambling, it is important to consider the potential risks and drawbacks. Encouraging healthy hobbies, such as sports, arts, or academics, can provide children with more well-rounded development and a greater chance of long-term success and happiness.

I will definitely rate the father as reckless, irresponsible and a total failure in parenting. A father should not encourage or support a child to involve in gambling of any sort. Due to severe economic problems, some parents dont care about parenting anymore. They simply want to survive even at the point of putting their wards at danger.

This is an act of irresponsible parenting. For the fact that the child won a huge sum of money doesn't make the father a right father. In fact, this singular act may end up making such a child so addicted to gambling.

The parent is not teaching his child about financial responsibility by actively sponsoring their gambling activities. The youngster is being taught that gambling can be a simple and fast method to make money, which is counterproductive to encouraging savings, investing, and frugal spending.

The parent is not teaching his child about financial responsibility by actively sponsoring their gambling activities. The youngster is being taught that gambling can be a simple and fast method to make money, which is counterproductive to encouraging savings, investing, and frugal spending.
Even if there may be occasions where people have enjoyed themselves while gambling, it's necessary to think about the dangers and disadvantages that could arise. Sports, the arts, or academics are examples of healthy interests that can give kids a more well-rounded growth and a better chance of long-term success and enjoyment.

Gambling should not be something that a child should consciously or unconsciously influenced to be aware of at a young age. I would shield my children from even knowing about gambling in the early years of experience in their lives. I might get to start telling them about the dangers of gambling as they grow.

It's not a wise thing to do, how can a father of the house promoting gambling in the house, that's not a good idea, ad what example or legacy is the father going to lay down for the children, it's a very dangerous thing to do.

Back