How do you calculate implied probability from odds?

B

Baniro

Decimal Odds: Implied Probability = 1 / Decimal Odds
For example, if the decimal odds are 2.50: Implied Probability = 1 / 2.50 = 0.40 or 40%

Fractional Odds: Implied Probability = Denominator / (Denominator + Numerator)
For example, if the fractional odds are 3/1: Implied Probability = 1 / (1 + 3) = 0.25 or 25%

American Odds (also known as Moneyline Odds): For positive odds: Implied Probability = 100 / (Odds + 100) For negative odds: Implied Probability = Odds / (Odds - 100)

How do you calculate implied probability from odds?

To calculate the implied probability from odds, you need to use different formulas depending on the type of odds you are working with:
- Decimal Odds: The implied probability can be calculated by dividing 1 by the decimal odds. For example, if the decimal odds are 2.50, the implied probability would be 1/2.50 = 0.40 or 40%.
- Fractional Odds: To calculate the implied probability from fractional odds, you need to divide the denominator by the sum of the numerator and denominator. For example, if the fractional odds are 3/1, you would calculate 1 / (3 + 1) = 0.25 or 25%.
- American Odds (also known as Moneyline Odds): The formula for calculating the implied probability for positive odds is 100 / (Odds + 100). For example, if the odds are +200, the implied probability would be 100 / (200 + 100) = 0.3333 or 33.33%.
For negative odds, the formula is Odds / (Odds - 100). For example, if the odds are -150, the implied probability would be 150 / (150 - 100) = 0.6 or 60%.

This is very informative. I am only conversant with the decimal calculation and I believe it is the most used in most of the third world countries. There is need to get famiiar with all these odds for easy calculation.

This is very informative. I am only conversant with the decimal calculation and I believe it is the most used in most of the third world countries. There is need to get famiiar with all these odds for easy calculation.
Prior to the introduction of decimal odds, most foreign bookmakers then used fraction odds as the based of their implied odds. But with the introduction of decimal odds, calculation of of implied probability from odds become simplest. It made it easiest to calculate the expected payout from each matches.

Understanding decimal odds are really important concern , you as a gambler should be understanding the importance of odds control , activities and every other important concern that should be considered as well

Back