How do you handle the pressure to continue gambling even when you're losing?

P

ProGambler

Handling the pressure to continue gambling, especially when you're losing, can be challenging. Here are some strategies to help you navigate this situation:
Set and Stick to Loss Limits: Before you start gambling, establish loss limits that you are comfortable with. This means determining the maximum amount of money you are willing to lose during a session. Once you reach that limit, it's important to walk away and resist the urge to continue gambling to recoup your losses.

Practice Responsible Gambling: Responsible gambling means gambling in a way that is safe, secure, and manageable. Some of the ways you can practice responsible gambling include:

1. Don't gamble to escape your problems. Gambling should be a form of entertainment and not a way to cope with personal issues.

2. Only gamble with money you can afford to lose. Don't attach your financial future to gambling winnings because you can easily lose more.

3. Create a budget for gambling and stick to it. This will help you avoid the temptation to gamble with money that you need for essential expenses.

4. Take breaks during your gambling sessions. Taking breaks can help you re-focus and avoid making impulsive decisions.

Use Time and Money Management Techniques: Managing your time and money effectively can be helpful in handling pressure, especially when you're losing. Some ways to manage your time and money include:

1. Set time limits for gambling sessions - don't gamble for longer than you had planned.

2. Set aside a specific amount of money for gambling each day/week/month/year, and avoid exceeding that amount.

3. Don't advance cash when you are gambling because you could easily lose track of your expenses.

4. Keep track of your spending while gambling to help you stay within your budget.

Find Support: It's important to seek support if you feel like gambling is taking over your life. Support can come from a variety of sources, including family, friends, professionals, and support groups. Some of the resources that can help you include:

1. National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG)
2. Gamblers Anonymous
3. Addiction Resource
4. ADAPT
5. Betting and Gaming Council

Remember, it's never too late to seek help and make a change. Implementing the above-mentioned strategies and seeking support can help you overcome the pressure to continue gambling, even when you're losing.

It is good to absorb the feeling of failure but do not succumb to the pressure of continuing gambling as a result of losing with the intention of recovering losses. It may possibly add salt into the injuring wound. Once your maximum budget is reached, stop gambling and prepare for the next steps rather than continuing gambling. It is risky to your health.

I have control over my gambling activities. So when I realize that I'm losing too much I take a break and try to analyze what is going wrong. Then I either make another plan or stick to the one I use. I don't feel pressured to always go on.

That's very good of you @Kennysplash. That is very good decision to take though it might seems difficult to take. But it is economical and wise decision so far. Kudos to you for taking this wisely decision at the right time. Keep it up.

We need to set target to how much we will be spending on gambling. This will be guiding our ways to how much we need to be spending on gambling. Those that are not taking cognizant of this always end up being addicted.

Back