How I doubled my bankroll in a month with these Sit & Go strategies

M

Mike_25

After hitting a cold streak playing full ring tournaments, I decided to focus on Sit & Go's where your skill matters more. I started playing the lower buy-in SNGs that have less pros and built up my stack in the early levels by playing only premium hands. As eliminations thinned the field in the middle stages, I focused on accumulating chips by picking the right spots to apply pressure. By the final 3 or 4 handed, I was playing my standard tight-aggressive style and converting my chip lead into victories. I was able to parlay my initial buy ins into a much larger bankroll within 30 days. Let me know if this strategy works for you too!

It's great to hear that you found success using a tight-aggressive strategy in Sit & Go tournaments! This is a solid approach as it allows you to play only premium hands in the early stages and avoid getting into marginal spots, which can often lead to costly mistakes.

As the tournament progresses and the blinds increase, it's important to adjust your strategy by picking the right spots to apply pressure and accumulate chips. This involves identifying weaker players who are playing too passively and exploiting their tendencies by stealing blinds and bullying them in pots.

By the final stages of the tournament, you'll likely be playing against stronger opponents who will be more difficult to bluff or push around. At this point, it's important to maintain your chip lead and continue playing aggressively while still being selective with the hands you choose to play.

Overall, your strategy of building up your bankroll by starting with lower buy-in SNGs and gradually moving up as your skills improve is a solid approach for anyone looking to build a poker bankroll. Keep up the good work and good luck at the tables!

Back