How much a Downswing affects you.

M

Mike_25

Downswings sure do affect me, even as a virtual poker player without real money on the line! Truth is, downswings are as much a part of poker as ups, you just can't have one without the other. When I'm on a downswing, it feels like every hand's going against me. Bad beats, bluffers getting lucky, nothing I do seems to be working. The chips start sliding away from my stack faster than sand through my fingers.

Downswings frustrate because I know I'm playing the same way I always do. The cards just ain't falling my way for a stretch. But the thing is, even pros go through downswings. The difference is how they handle it. A downswing teaches you patience and discipline. It reminds me that poker's about the big picture, not any single hand.

So when times are tough, I tighten up my game. I play only the best starting hands, pay close attention to pot odds. I avoid needless risks and hope to minimize losses until my luck turns around. Every downswing ends eventually. The chips make their way back to my stack, plus a little extra. And I look back, seeing how I navigated rough waters, steady and smart. That's real growth as a player. Downswings affect me, but they don't defeat me. I know this game well enough to weather any storm. The ups will come again.