Is gambling a sin ?

Isrealjohnn

$Points
The morality of gambling has been put to a test throughout the millennia and since the dawn of human history. Mankind has often wondered if gambling is an actual sin. Today we take a closer look at this philosophical conundrum and discuss the possibility of gambling being an actual sin. We will examine gambling as both a sin and a vice and take a look at what religion has to say about gambling – from the Quran to the Bible. So, is gambling a sin after all?

Gambling isn't a sin to me. A sin is a thing that is morally wrong like stealing, or commiting adultery but this can't be said of gambling. I will classify gambling as a bad habit if one overtly indulge in it. so it is no sin to me.

Although some religion doesn't support gambling and some actually supports it , in some countries you are not allowed to gamble or I some region it actually goes against their own set of policies first

in my case for example I do not see it as a sin, although in my religion that is to say Christianity is associated with a capital sin to the game that is greed, in other religions such as Muslim I think that the game is prohibited, although I can not confirm it

Wow, great question in general. Hopefully its not a sin. But its really hard to tell, dont you think? Cherry123 is right in my opinion by the way.

PS. Riberet - you're right, but a lot of them plays a lot anyways.

To me I actually don't see gambling as a sin , before placing concerns and interest in gambling , the gambler must understand the risk potential in gambling and always invest into gambling with caution no matter what I Think

To me I actually don't see gambling as a sin , before placing concerns and interest in gambling , the gambler must understand the risk potential in gambling and always invest into gambling with caution no matter what I Think
Most of people gamble because he see his friend gambling and wants to do as his friend is doing so what you are trying to say is pure theory but the reality is people are following themselves whitout even taking care of potential risks or something like that.

Well, many things are sins in religion and books. But I don't make life difficult for myself. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, no, it's not a problem. But gambling with a lot of money is definitely not wise. Everyone must accept responsibility

Most of people gamble because he see his friend gambling and wants to do as his friend is doing so what you are trying to say is pure theory but the reality is people are following themselves whitout even taking care of potential risks or something like that.
Yeah some people gamble because of peer pressure ,they feel since their friends is actually making more gains from gambling ,they could also be making gains ,it's the reason many of them invest hugely in gambling

I think before gambling it's good to kneo if your religion would actually accept it , you should actually understand the scheme of gambling and know if it would be accessible well in your religion or it's actually not

Back