Ohtani is not going to allow the gambling controversy to divert attention.

Los Angeles Dodgers' player Shohei Ohtani remains focused on his performance despite the MLB's investigation into former interpreter Ippei Mizuhara's alleged illegal gambling involvement.

Ohtani, batting impressively, emphasized his commitment to playing his best. Mizuhara's firing by the Dodgers followed revelations of his gambling activities, which allegedly involved misappropriated funds from Ohtani's account.

This sounds good to me, I think Ohtani has the right approach as a true professional. As one of the best players in the game, he knows the spotlight will be on him enough as it is without adding extra off-field distractions. Seems like he just wants to go out there and let his talent do the talking on the field. Can't say I blame him - in his shoes I'd want to completely block out anything that doesn't involve me preforming at my best between the lines too. Really admire the way he's keeping his head down and staying focused on baseball despite what must be frustrating news off the field.

Back