Tactics and Strategy Around the Third Card Decision

M

Mike_25

Should the player opt to hit or stand after seeing the first two cards as a banker in baccarat? While there are no hard and fast rules, I generally advise taking the third card depending on the point value of the first two cards dealt. If the point value is between 6 and 9 inclusively, I most often stand. If it is between 0 and 5, I tend to draw another card to come closer to the value of 9 which as banker I aim for. However, this is just my own preference based on observing how most rounds play out. I would like to hear others' strategies and prudent practices around the third card decision in baccarat.

There are a few different tactics and strategies that you can use around the third card decision in baccarat. Some of these are more complex than others, and the best one for you will depend on your personal preferences and risk tolerance. Basic strategy is the most conservative approach. It simply follows the third card rules as they are written. This is a good strategy for beginners, as it is easy to understand and implement.
Card counting is a more advanced strategy that involves keeping track of the cards that have already been dealt.

Back