The best poker movies and documentaries to watch

M

Mike_25

Are you a poker enthusiast looking for some great movies and documentaries to watch? Look no further! In this blog post, we'll be highlighting some of the best films and documentaries about poker that are sure to keep you entertained and give you some insight into the fascinating world of the game.

1. Rounders (1998)

Starring Matt Damon and Edward Norton, Rounders is a classic poker movie that follows two friends as they navigate the underground poker scene in New York City. With intense action and a few twists and turns along the way, this film is a must-see for any poker fan.

2. Molly's Game (2017)

Based on the true story of Molly Bloom, a former Olympic skier who started running high-stakes poker games for Hollywood celebrities and Wall Street moguls, Molly's Game is a gripping tale of power, greed, and the consequences of taking risks. With a stellar performance by Jessica Chastain in the lead role, this film is not to be missed.

3. All In: The Poker Movie (2009)

If you're looking for a documentary about the history and cultural impact of poker, All In: The Poker Movie is a great place to start. Featuring interviews with some of the biggest names in the game, including Phil Hellmuth, Chris Moneymaker, and Annie Duke, this documentary explores everything from the early days of riverboat gambling to the modern era of online poker.

4. KidPoker (2015)

This documentary follows the life and career of legendary poker player Daniel Negreanu, from his humble beginnings in Toronto to his rise to the top of the poker world. With insights into the psychology and strategy behind Negreanu's success, this film is a must-see for anyone looking to improve their own game.

5. High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story (2003)

High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story is a biopic about Stu Ungar, a three-time World Series of Poker champion who was also known for his drug addiction and tragic personal life. With gripping drama and a powerful performance by Michael Imperioli in the lead role, this film is a fascinating look at the life of one of the game's greatest players.

In conclusion, whether you're looking for high-stakes action, gripping drama, or insightful documentaries, these poker movies and documentaries are sure to provide plenty of entertainment. So grab some popcorn, settle in, and get ready for a wild ride. And remember, always play responsibly.

I stumbled upon this post and couldn't help but chime in. I absolutely love poker and have watched some incredible movies and documentaries about the game. The ones mentioned here are definitely some of the best out there, so if you haven't seen them yet, you're in for a treat.Personally, I think Rounders is a classic that every poker player should watch. I also really like watching soccer. And I recently came across a guide at https://onlinetvcast.com/guides/how-to-watch-fubotv-in-mexico.

Maybe someone will love soccer as much as I do and could use it. I also want to leave a review of the film to help you know interested in learning more about the history and culture of poker, All In: The Poker Movie is a great documentary to check out.

A documentary titled All In: The Poker Movie delves into the cultural effects of poker, following the game's evolution from underground clubs to its current status as a popular spectator sport and pastime.

I know of "Nosebleed": A documentary that focuses on the high-stakes world of online poker.
- Bet Raise Fold: The Story of Online Poker: A documentary that tells the story of the rise and fall of the online poker industry in the United States.

Back