Think back to your past gambling experiences and recall specific instances that stood out to you emotionally

P

ProGambler

Reflecting on past gambling experiences and recalling specific instances that stood out to you emotionally can provide valuable insights into your gambling behavior. Here's how you can approach this reflection process:

Create a Quiet and Comfortable Space: Find a quiet and comfortable environment where you can reflect without distractions. This will allow you to focus on your thoughts and memories.

 Recall Significant Gambling Moments: Close your eyes and think back to your past gambling experiences. Try to remember specific instances that had a strong emotional impact on you. These could be big wins, losses, near misses, or any other notable events.

 Identify Intense Emotions: Pay attention to the emotions that arose during those significant gambling moments. Did you feel excitement, joy, frustration, anger, regret, or anxiety? Take note of the intensity and nature of these emotions.

Reflect on What Led to Those Emotions: Once you have identified the emotions, try to recall what led to them. Did you set realistic goals, or did you have unrealistic expectations? Were you aware of your limits, or did you exceed them? This will give you insight into the factors that influenced your emotions and subsequent actions.

Examine Your Reactions: Reflect on how you reacted to those emotional moments. Did you continue gambling despite negative emotions, or did you take a break? Remembering these moments and your reactions to them can provide insight into how to manage your gambling behavior in the future.

Consider Seeking Professional Help: If you find that your memories reveal problematic patterns of behavior or overwhelming emotions, consider seeking professional help. A counselor or therapist can provide guidance and support as you work to address any underlying issues and develop healthy coping strategies.

Remember that reflecting on past experiences is an important step towards responsible gambling. By understanding your triggers and reactions, you can make changes to improve your gambling behavior and minimize the risk of developing a gambling problem.

There was actually a day that I've played like 10games and non of them was positive, so I have to just copy a booking code like 450odds from social media at midnight and it was quit unfortunate that only one match spoil the ticket

From my own observation, what do often triggers emotional feelings is irresponsible gambling which is caused by lack of discipline. When a gambling is undertake responsibly, there is no cause for emotional heightened as the factors that could triggers such have been taken care of.

This didn't happen to me directly but I have seen someone that lost more than a million to a game. It was a really a sorry case for him because the money was meant for his wedding day. I did feel sorry for his loss.

Back