What changes have occurred in your life since you got acquainted with poker?

M

Mike_25

Poker changed my life in more ways than I could count. Before the poker boom, I was drifting from one dead end job to another, wasting my talent shooting pool and drinking cheap bourbon. Poker gave me purpose. It fit my skills like a glove and made me work to sharpen them every day.

Money started rolling in from the games, and with it came freedom. Freedom from a nine to five, freedom to travel whenever I wanted. High stakes players from around the world became like family. Life on the road, hopping from cardroom to cardroom, created stories I'll be telling for years.

Poker built my confidence and hard skin. Losing huge pots made me wanna crawl in a hole, but you gotta get back on that horse. Success bred more success. I learned discipline, calculated risks, and when to walk away.

A good life, a meaningful life, was within my reach. And now here I am, a small-time pro still chasing that big win to end all big wins. But even if it never comes, I've got no regrets. Poker gave me purpose when I had none. It's the one thing that never let me down. For that alone, I'll be playing this game till my last dying hand.