What is the biggest buy-in you have ever played? Did you lose or win?

M

Mike_25

The biggest pot I ever seen was a $250,000 buy-in no-limit hold 'em game. My heart near stopped at the sight of so much money in the pot! Did I have the guts to get in for that sized bet with my stack? You're darn tootin' I did. When there's that much money on the line, you gotta have stones bigger than cannonballs to stand a chance.

This here game would come down to me and one other crazy son of a gun. He put me all-in on the river, head's up. My heart was pounding so loud I wondered if the whole saloon could hear it! But after a minute's thought, I called his bet. Turned out I had the winning hand - four sixes to his pair of eights. I won that enormous pot in a hand for the ages.

Letting that win soak in for a minute was one of the finest feelings of my life. I did lose more money overall that night than I'd care to admit, but for a few shining moments I felt like the king of the world while that giant pot was mine. Memories like that keep a gamblin' man coming back to the table, hoping for just one more score to top 'em all.

Back