Where Is Gambling Illegal?

Hardexy1

$Points
Currently, there are only 15 countries where gambling is illegal and specifically, outright banned to the point where you cannot participate in any form of gambling and if you did so, you would face criminal prosecution. Why is gambling a crime in those jurisdictions? Once again, it has to do with the societal perception of the activity as degrading. These jurisdictions and countries include:

Cyprus
North Korea
United Arab Emirates
Singapore, Brunei
Cambodia

In my country Spain it is not prohibited, but it is excessively regulated to tell the truth, I think that gambling should not be prohibited if you ask me, but each government is different, the fact of prohibiting it will surely lead gambling to a kind of black market in the country, at least that's what I think, or that users try tricks to access online gambling platforms with the use of VPN

The legality of gambling varies from country to country and even within different jurisdictions within a country. While I cannot provide an exhaustive list of all the places where gambling is illegal, I can give you some general examples of regions where gambling is prohibited or heavily restricted:

Countries with a complete ban on gambling: Some countries have a complete prohibition on gambling activities, which means all forms of gambling are illegal. Examples include countries like Saudi Arabia, Brunei, and North Korea.

 Countries with restrictions on certain forms of gambling: In some countries, specific forms of gambling may be prohibited while others are allowed

I usually think it's just 10 countries before but i don't even know it's up to 15. There are some countries there that only ban in land gambling but give access to online gambling but most Arab countries ban anything relating to gambling either online or offline

Gambling is illegal in UAE because as a purely Islamic country, the Islamic law prohibits gambling activities in it's entirety because it is believed that gambling can lead to financial problems to the individuals that indulge in it. The country has anti gambling legislations.

In my country, gambling is not illegal. In countries where gambling is illegal have strong religious practices and belief system. Most Islamic countries don't allow gambling. Secondly, countries that have communism related policies may finf gambling anti social and undesirable in their society. Thank God! Am living in country where religion doesn't have much effect.

Back