Biggest Powerball Jackpot of $2 B

The draw for the world's largest Powerball jackpot ($2.904 billion) came out on Tuesday morning, and so was the winner. The lucky winner is from Altadena in California, USA.
However, there is heavy tax on lottery, the winner will be paid $997.6 million in next 29 years. The Joe’s Service Center, which sold the winning, will also received a bonus of $1 million.

Congratulations to the lucky winner of the world largest powerball jackpot. I know there would be heavy tax on it. $2.904 billions no be small money. They shouldn't have spread the payment till 29years.

Congratulations to the lucky winner of the world largest powerball jackpot. I know there would be heavy tax on it. $2.904 billions no be small money. They shouldn't have spread the payment till 29years.
Tax will eat most of the amount, so it is wise to get paid slowly, and hope for low tax rate in future. Also this will give the winner a chance to earn passively for long time.

Tax will eat most of the amount, so it is wise to get paid slowly, and hope for low tax rate in future. Also this will give the winner a chance to earn passively for long time.
Oh!. That's okay for him then. I now understand. Thanks for your enlighten me. I now understand the importance and opportunity it will provide for the winner especially as it provides passive incomes.

a big congratulation to the winner of the world largest powerball jackpot, but the taxes been put upon these jackpot is too high and something should be done to it.

a big congratulation to the winner of the world largest powerball jackpot, but the taxes been put upon these jackpot is too high and something should be done to it.
Well I had complained about the taxes before and the response I got was that the taxes is for the benefit of the jackpot winners. I don't see the reason why taxes must gulp the huge amount of the winning.

Why for goodness sake must the winner of this jackpot came from California?. You see how fair the Powerball jackpot is. The state that does not allow the provisions 27 to operate.

Though the amount to be taxed and even the bonus that he has to pay doesn't even up to much money from what he won. Definitely, he can still have much to keep to himself after the winning.

Though the amount to be taxed and even the bonus that he has to pay doesn't even up to much money from what he won. Definitely, he can still have much to keep to himself after the winning.
The amount of taxes he is going to pay would be high. And the worst part is that he is not going to be at once, the winning would have to be spread over a long period of time.

The amount of taxes he is going to pay would be high. And the worst part is that he is not going to be at once, the winning would have to be spread over a long period of time.
Yes that's true and it's not a new thing. The make their citizen to pay very high amount as tax. You might even have to pay almost half of your winning as tax or a quarter

I didn't know that they will be such huge amount of money to pay if someone win such big amount of money in the us, imagine how you will pay $997.6 in the next 25 years well congratulations to the winners for winning such amount of money

Congratulations to the winner of the largest powerball jackpot ever! However, there should be action taken regarding the excessive taxes imposed on the jackpot.
Well, when I had before complained about taxes, I was told that the jackpot winners benefited from them. I fail to see why taxes should consume such a large portion of the winnings.

Back