Can you explain the concept of steam chasing in sport betting?

H

Hasan77

In sports betting, "steam chasing" refers to a strategy where bettors attempt to follow or chase the "steam" or "wisdom of the crowd" by placing bets on heavily favored teams or popular picks. The term "steam" typically refers to a significant and sudden movement in the betting market, usually caused by a large volume of bets or influential bettors placing their wagers.

When bettors notice a significant line movement or shift in odds, they may interpret it as an indication of valuable information or sharp betting action. They believe that by quickly placing bets in the same direction as the steam, they can take advantage of the perceived edge or exploit the market inefficiency before it adjusts.

The idea behind steam chasing is to align oneself with the prevailing market sentiment, hoping that the collective wisdom of other bettors or professional gamblers will lead to profitable outcomes. However, it's essential to note that steam chasing is not a guaranteed winning strategy, as line movements can occur due to various factors such as injury news, weather conditions, or simply the betting action of influential individuals.

What's your opinion on this?

The winning strategies you are adopting would determine how you would be earning ,as a gambler you should apply the necessary wining strategy and gamble with the necessary precautions and others , that's one thing you should note

This always happens in football betting. No matter how one can wants to look at it, it is impulse betting. I once rushed in to make a bet based on a sudden injury news to a key player. The odds changed quickly and I adjusted my betting choices. Expectedly, it didn't end well.

Back