Do you think joining a support group can help stop gambling addiction ?

swift

$Points
Although I have been very addicted with gambling from start and in order for me to reduce the way I am planing on joining a support group , because definitely I have done plenty of things just to abstain from gambling , but it actually doesn't seems to be working , what advice would you actually give me on my motive and if you have any experience you could share

Although I have been very addicted with gambling from start and in order for me to reduce the way I am planing on joining a support group , because definitely I have done plenty of things just to abstain from gambling , but it actually doesn't seems to be working , what advice would you actually give me on my motive and if you have any experience you could share
I believe that joining a support group where you can interact with people suffering from the same challenge can be a positive. In this setting, you are not marginalized and you can open up fully to people without any prejudice

I believe that joining a support group where you can interact with people suffering from the same challenge can be a positive. In this setting, you are not marginalized and you can open up fully to people without any prejudice
Joining a support group is good ,there are some gamblers that are going through a lot and sharing the problem with other people would actually help reduce the problem in that order too I think

Joining a support group is good ,there are some gamblers that are going through a lot and sharing the problem with other people would actually help reduce the problem in that order too I think
This is a great assertion. Gambling in itself can get you quite worked up, so it would be appropriate for there to be a support group where people could voice out their experience during gambling and the emotion behind it

This is a great assertion. Gambling in itself can get you quite worked up, so it would be appropriate for there to be a support group where people could voice out their experience during gambling and the emotion behind it
Exactly people should be given the privilege to voice out their opinion ,I believe most gamblers are actually going through a lot ,they probably need where they could be able to voice out everything ,that's the thing many gamblers are looking for that platform

Exactly people should be given the privilege to voice out their opinion ,I believe most gamblers are actually going through a lot ,they probably need where they could be able to voice out everything ,that's the thing many gamblers are looking for that platform
It would be even more productive than a therapy session because gambling addicts would be able to share information to people who understand their plight in detail, as opposed to therapist who sometimes pretend to be attentive and suggest generic solutions

It would be even more productive than a therapy session because gambling addicts would be able to share information to people who understand their plight in detail, as opposed to therapist who sometimes pretend to be attentive and suggest generic solutions
A therapy session is really a good idea ,some gamblers have a lot to say and there are some that are actually not too fierce or. stubborn , they are actually ready to admit the addiction of gambling and are ready for change

A therapy session is really a good idea ,some gamblers have a lot to say and there are some that are actually not too fierce or. stubborn , they are actually ready to admit the addiction of gambling and are ready for change
This is a good idea, but I feel like the collective camaraderie will be more beneficial in eradicating problems associated with gambling than going to a therapist. People can feel intimated when speaking to a therapist or psychologist

This is a good idea, but I feel like the collective camaraderie will be more beneficial in eradicating problems associated with gambling than going to a therapist. People can feel intimated when speaking to a therapist or psychologist
Although do you mean talking in a collective crowd , because not everyone could actually stand up to speak in a huge crowd some are actually very shy ,they actually prefer to. talk to the therapist directly

There are some support groups which always help in helping those that are addicted. They only need to share their ideas and problems with such a group for proper analyses. They are mostly free.

I think it can be beneficial to join a support group where you can talk to others going through the same thing. You don't feel excluded here, and you may interact with people openly and without fear of judgment.

it has always been my belief that joining a support group where one can interact with people suffering from the same challenge can be very helpful. An addict just have to open to the group to receive help

Back