Exposing a Scam: How I Lost $20,000 Due to Unjustified Account Termination

Since March 2nd, 2022, nearly a year ago, I opened my account on Betcoin.ag with an initial deposit of $1000. Over the subsequent year, I engaged intermittently in sports betting, focusing primarily on football and basketball leagues. Dissatisfied with Betcoin.ag's lower limits, I registered with their sister site, Playbetr.com, on December 31st, 2022, initially depositing $4000. Additional deposits totaling approximately $1000-$2000 were made on both platforms, amounting to around $7000-$8000 in total, all in BTC. Throughout my betting activities, I concentrated solely on NBA games at Playbetr.com, experiencing both losses and occasional wins, without overlapping bets between the two platforms.

Troubles arose when I attempted to withdraw funds after a successful betting streak in early January 2023, only to discover that my withdrawal limits had inexplicably plummeted to less than $10 for NBA bets. I promptly received emails from Betcoin.ag and Playbetr.com requesting Know Your Customer (KYC) documentation, which I promptly provided, including my driver's license, selfies, and proof of address. With my accounts fully verified, I anticipated the processing of my withdrawals.

However, the following day, I encountered login issues on both platforms, and when access was possible, critical account features were inaccessible. Both sites notified me via email (gyazo.com/2cce2f6e291bab297c8dbf9e2940b321) that my accounts had been terminated due to alleged fraudulent activities, justifying the suspension of payouts and offering the return of my initial deposits—a proposition that held little appeal given the circumstances.

Unsatisfied with their baseless accusations and lack of evidence, I initiated email correspondence on January 3rd, 2023, which went unanswered for over a month. Attempts to seek clarity via live chat yielded repetitive responses directing me to email for further information.

Observing Playbetr.com's active engagement in online forums, often highlighting their transparency and fairness, added insult to injury. My disbelief grew as I contemplated their claim of fraud involving 0.85 BTC, equivalent to nearly $20,000, without any substantiation or explanation of my alleged infractions. Their listed fraudulent actions (gyazo.com/f533fc1c7d0aeba74d3d3712af182607, gyazo.com/926be95773b34264446e8b34c3e5fec1) ranged broadly, including syndicate play, match fixing, and more, none of which were applicable to my NBA betting activities—a market renowned for its strict oversight and substantial limits.

Frustrated by their dismissive stance, I refused to let the matter rest, witnessing similar grievances from other users and their attempts to seek recourse through legal channels in Curacao. Determined to pursue justice, I sought to escalate the issue to ensure fair treatment and the retrieval of my rightfully earned funds.

For further substantiation:

• Proof of withdrawal requests: gyazo.com/f533fc1c7d0aeba74d3d3712af182607, gyazo.com/926be95773b34264446e8b34c3e5fec1
  • Screenshots of legitimate NBA bets: gyazo.com/4b63d3944ac2d84db543a2525d4d0b0c, gyazo.com/67e5543813e5880dfb159204511e06dc
  • Video evidence of account access issues:
  • Video proof of pre-December 30th, 2022, betting activity:
In summary:

• Total affected amount: 0.85 BTC (deposits + profits)
  • Accounts blocked: January 3rd, 2023, following withdrawal requests
  • No rule violations committed
  • Lack of communication via live chat or email
  • Absence of supporting evidence or explanations
Awaiting a prompt and fair response from Betcoin.ag and/or Playbetr.com. Your attention and resolution are appreciated.

Attachments

• Opera Snapshot_2024-06-14_104930_gyazo.com.png
    Opera Snapshot_2024-06-14_104930_gyazo.com.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Opera Snapshot_2024-06-14_105301_gyazo.com.png
    Opera Snapshot_2024-06-14_105301_gyazo.com.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Opera Snapshot_2024-06-14_124239_imgur.com.png
    Opera Snapshot_2024-06-14_124239_imgur.com.png
    152 KB · Views: 10
  • Opera Snapshot_2024-06-14_124628_imgur.com.png
    Opera Snapshot_2024-06-14_124628_imgur.com.png
    337.7 KB · Views: 10
I'm truly sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with Betcoin.ag and Playbetr.com. Based on the detailed account you provided, it is evident that you have been unjustly treated and are rightfully seeking resolution for the situation.

The sudden and unexplained reduction in withdrawal limits, subsequent termination of your accounts due to alleged fraudulent activities, lack of evidence provided to support their claims, and the absence of proper communication channels are all significant concerns. It's disheartening to see that despite your cooperation in providing KYC documentation, you were met with account suspension and accusations without substantial grounds.

Your proactive steps in documenting the legitimate nature of your betting activities through withdrawal requests, NBA bets, account access issues, and pre-December 30th, 2022, betting history are commendable. These pieces of evidence clearly demonstrate your transparency and adherence to the platforms' terms, countering the baseless allegations presented against you.

The discrepancies between your actual betting practices and the broad spectrum of fraudulent activities listed by Betcoin.ag and Playbetr.com further highlight the lack of justification for their actions. Your persistence in seeking clarity and pursuing a resolution, along with your commitment to sharing your experience transparently, is essential in holding these platforms accountable for their actions.

I encourage you to continue advocating for fair treatment and the retrieval of your rightfully earned funds through all available channels, including legal avenues if necessary. It is crucial for both Betcoin.ag and Playbetr.com to address your concerns promptly, provide detailed explanations supported by evidence if any violations are claimed, and ensure transparency in their interactions with affected users.

Please keep the community updated on any developments in your efforts to resolve this matter, and rest assured that your dedication to pursuing justice serves as a valuable reminder of the importance of accountability and fair treatment in the online gambling industry. Your diligence in providing comprehensive documentation will undoubtedly strengthen your case and contribute to seeking a just resolution.

I hope that Betcoin.ag and Playbetr.com will address your concerns promptly and fairly, acknowledging your rights as a user and providing a satisfactory resolution to this distressing situation. Your commitment to seeking justice in this matter deserves commendation, and I wish you success in achieving a positive outcome.

Back