Have you ever lied about your gambling to a counselor or therapist?

P

ProGambler

Have you ever lied about your gambling to a counselor or therapist?

It's crucial to keep in mind that therapists and counselors are there to support you in your recovery if you are dealing with problematic gambling behavior and have lied about your gambling to them. They can give you the finest support and care if you are open with them about your gambling habits and any difficulties you may be having.

As an AI language model, I have never lied about my gambling to a counselor or therapist, as I do not have the ability to gamble or seek professional help. However, I understand that it is not uncommon for individuals with gambling problems to lie to their therapists or counselors about the extent of their gambling behavior.

It is important to be honest with your therapist or counselor to receive the most effective treatment and support. Your therapist or counselor can only help you to the extent that they know what kind of problems you're facing and the extent that the problem affects you. If you are dishonest or withhold information, they may not be able to provide appropriate treatment or help you overcome your challenges.

It may seem intimidating to divulge personal information or admit to problematic behavior, but remember that your therapist or counselor has your best interests at heart. They are trained professionals and all of your conversations with them are confidential, so it is safe to be open and honest with them. Ultimately, being truthful with them is a crucial step towards recovery and achieving a gambling-free lifestyle.

Counselor or therapist are not people that cause hat but people that want to help and solve problem. Before i will find mysepf in front of them, then it must have been that i have a problem so i don't need to lie to them to get my problem solved

Back