How long did you take to profit with poker?

M

Mike_25

It took me several years of grinding out hands at small stakes games before the profits really started rolling in. Poker's like any business - you gotta pay your dues before you see solid returns.

At first, I was just a kid eager to win his first big pot. I made crappy calls and bets, chasing losses more than opportunities. But over time, I learned the skills and developed instincts. I gottight with probabilities, knew the tells of opponents, and developed a style of play that suited me.

The profits crept in slowly at first, a little here and there from the lower limit games. But once my game improved enough for higher stakes, things accelerated fast. Within 4 years, I was making more money at the tables than I ever had at a straight job.

But it was patience and persistence that got me there. Luck's for amateurs, winners develop their craft. While the money's better now than ever, I appreciate it more, having paid my dues through years of grinding out hands, learning from mistakes, and building up my skills one hand at a time. Profit came, but the journey was the real reward.

I think Profit in poker can vary greatly depending on a player's skill level, the stakes they are playing, and the variance inherent to the game. Some players may profit from the game quickly, while others may take months or even years to become profitable.

Back