Is horse race betting really legal in Pakistan?

Ben Kempton

$Points
I live in Pakistan and I am myself a Muslim. Overall, gambling and betting is illegal in Pakistan, according to the laws of Pakistan. However, I was quite surprised to see that the horse race betting is actually legal in Pakistan! In fact, the Punjab government of Pakistan actually collects taxes on such kinds of bets! So, is horse race actually legal in Pakistan?

It's been a while since you posted this question, but I wanted to provide an answer for anyone else who might come across this thread. While gambling and betting are generally illegal in Pakistan, there are some exceptions. Horse race betting is indeed legal in Pakistan, and the Punjab government even collects taxes on these types of bets. It's interesting how certain activities can have different legal statuses within a country. If you're looking for more information or resources on betting, you might want to check out dhooka.com. They could provide you with further insights and details.

It seems that there are some exceptions as regards betting in your territory as another member said horse racing is legal in Pakistan, are dog racing also legal? or are there differences in this?

Back