London Series 2023: Cubs vs Cardinals Prediction

H

Hannman

Both teams have their studs on the bump with Wainwright and Steele, so I like this to stay well under the number that’s currently on the board.

I’ve locked in Under 14.5 at -115 odds.
In my opinion, these two squads simply don’t have the offensive firepower to score that many runs, especially against their opponents’ ace. Steele is having any exceptional year, and already has a decent outing against St. Louis.

Steele went 6 innings at Wrigley Field against the Cardinals in early May. He gave up 3 earned runs on 7 hits, and walked three batters. He only had three strikeouts as well.

Wainwright started his season late and hasn’t done much in his 8 starts. He’s only gone over 3 strikeouts in a game this season twice, at home to the Royals and Tigers. Based on how their seasons are going, that isn’t saying much.

The Cardinals are looking for any sort of silver lining with the way this season is going, and beating the Cubs in the London Series might just be it.

Along with the under, here’s a couple player props I like.

Player Props​

Justin Steele over 4.5 Strikeouts (+115)​

At plus money, I’ll take a stab that Steele sits down his rivals overseas. He only had 3 last outing against the Cardinals, but its tough to back St. Louis in any form at the moment.

Steele has only cleared this line in 6 of 13 starts this year, but he has either 3 or 4 Ks in all of his other outings besides one. He had 4 in 5 innings last time out against Baltimore, and 4 in 3.2 innings two starts ago against Cincinnati.

Ian Happ over 1.5 Total Bases (-115)​

London Series 2023 Prediction Best Bets Cubs Cardinals

Nothing new here, just riding the hot hand.

Happ is on a two game hit streak, and has totaled 4 bases in each of those games. The switch hitter bats .252 against righties, but Wainwright allows left-handed hitters to bat nearly .400.

Not to mention these guys have history.

Happ has 34 played appearances against Wainwright in his career. He bats .344 against this guy with 4 singles, 3 doubles, and 4 homeruns.

Happ prefers to bat from the left side, and he’s got a great track record against Wainwright. That’s enough for me to bet on him to get two bases.

Back