Padres vs Giants Best Bets

H

Hannman

As far as a play on the side or total, it’s tough to bet against the Giants with the way they have been playing. But I also think it’s telling that the team on a 10 game win streak is a short dog at home.

Especially with the pitching matchup, my gut tells me the Padres end this streak tonight. I think we see another solid outing from Snell who has clearly found his form, and I think the Padres bats will give him enough run support to get the job done.

My favorite bet on this game: Padres -1.5 (+135)

As always, we also have some player props to go along with our game script.

Player Props​

Blake Snell over 6.5 Strikeouts (-130)​

We all know what Snell is capable of, as he’s shown us the last few starts. He’s cleared this line in 4 straight games, and has notched 12 Ks the past two starts.

He hasn’t faced the Giants yet this season, but he’s cleared this number in his L3 starts against SF, totaling 11, 8 and 8 Ks in those outings last year.

Snell ranks in the 85th percentile in K/Inning, averaging 1.24, and 83rd in Swinging Strike Rate. He makes guys look foolish.

The Giants are 5th in K% against lefties, striking out over 25% of the time.

I see Snell having zero problem getting his Ks today, and I think we see another career day from him. Because of that, we will ladder this as well.

• 7+ Ks (-130)
  • 8+ Ks (+132)
  • 9+ Ks (+250)
  • 10+ Ks (+450)
That’s my personal limit, but if you think Snell has a third straight start with 12 Ks, you can bet that at +1400 odds.

Back