South Carolina couple arrested for hosting illegal gambling ring

In addition to seven counts of illegal possession or operation of a gaming equipment, two defendants were charged with gambling. Their house was raided by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division. The report also stated that seven gambling machines were taken from their home. As gambling machines called Pot O Gold, the objects were described. Games like blackjack, keno, and poker are among them. The state of South Carolina forbids them. The pair were detained on July 12. Each of them posted a $8K bond to be freed from custody after being arrested at the Marion County Detention Center.

I don't know a woman could also involve in abetting illegal gambling. I wonder how illegal gambling could be operated in a private residence. Kudos should be given to South Carolina Law Enforcement Agency for its efforts in arresting this couple. This would serve as a lesson to others.

I'm not surprised that people are still doing this despite the laws against it. Gambling can be a big temptation for some people, especially if they're struggling financially. I hope the couple is able to get the help they need and that they're not too deep in trouble.

Back