What is the relationship between gambling and bipolar disorder>

J

Julio88

Studies have shown that there is a strong relationship between gambling and bipolar disorder. People with bipolar disorder may often engage in gambling as a form of excitement-seeking during episodes of mania. North American studies have revealed that bipolar disorder is linked to elevated rates of problem gambling. In addition to gambling, bipolar disorder is also strongly associated with other addictive disorders such as alcohol and drug abuse. It has been suggested that pathological gambling and bipolar disorder may be related, and the clinical features of bipolar disorder may increase the likelihood of developing gambling disorders. However, further research is needed to evaluate the efficacy of pharmacological treatment strategies in large samples of patients with both bipolar disorder and gambling addiction

I never believed that bipolar disorder could be linked to gambling activities . This is indeed a very wonderful thread and I think it is an information that each and every gamblers should gain access to. So that they can learn and caution themselves.

I never believed that bipolar disorder could be linked to gambling activities . This is indeed a very wonderful thread and I think it is an information that each and every gamblers should gain access to. So that they can learn and caution themselves.
I believe that because of their Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde nature and behavior, they are liable to engage in gambling as part of their contradictory mentality, and this could lead to a full blown gambling addiction with severe consequences for the victim.

I still find it hard to believe that gambling addiction can cause bipolar disorders, gambling addiction is when you can't control your urge for gambling, although it do cause some problems like depression but I don't know of bipolar disorders.

Studies have shown that there is a strong relationship between gambling and bipolar disorder. People with bipolar disorder may often engage in gambling as a form of excitement-seeking during episodes of mania. North American studies have revealed that bipolar disorder is linked to elevated rates of problem gambling. In addition to gambling, bipolar disorder is also strongly associated with other addictive disorders such as alcohol and drug abuse. It has been suggested that pathological gambling and bipolar disorder may be related, and the clinical features of bipolar disorder may increase the likelihood of developing gambling disorders. However, further research is needed to evaluate the efficacy of pharmacological treatment strategies in large samples of patients with both bipolar disorder and gambling addiction
Research has shown that individuals with bipolar disorder are more likely to experience issues with gambling compared to the general population. The co-occurrence of gambling problems and bipolar disorder can complicate the management of both conditions.

Research has shown that individuals with bipolar disorder are more likely to experience issues with gambling compared to the general population. The co-occurrence of gambling problems and bipolar disorder can complicate the management of both conditions.
Proper management of bipolar disorder, including therapy, medication, and lifestyle adjustments, can help reduce the risk of problematic gambling behaviors during both manic and depressive episodes.

Back