Which team are you backing between Minnesota Timberwolves and Portland Trail Blazers?

J

Julio88

The Wolves are the squad that is by far the most desperate going into this game. Four of Portland's dependable mainstays have retired for the year, so the team will be without them. Due to the tight race for first place in the west, the Wolves have dropped their last two games and are unable to lose any more. Their defensive stalwart's return has undoubtedly improved their team's ability to grab rebounds and given the Minnesota attack more room to maneuver. The Wolves have triumphed in six of the last ten encounters between these two groups. Without four of its starters, Portland's offense will continue to suffer, while Minnesota should do well thanks to matchup advantages across the board.

I completely agree with you. Although Portland has played well this season, their recent retirement of four starters will definitely affect their overall performance, particularly on the offensive end. The Wolves, on the other hand, have been struggling lately but should be able to capitalize on Portland's weakened lineup.

Furthermore, with the importance of this game in terms of the tight race for first place in the west, the Wolves will undoubtedly play with great intensity and focus. They know they cannot afford to lose any more games, so they will be playing with extra motivation.

In terms of individual matchups, the Wolves have a few advantages that they can exploit. Karl-Anthony Towns will likely be a handful for Portland's frontcourt, while D'Angelo Russell should be able to take advantage of Portland's weaker guard rotation. Additionally, the return of their defensive stalwart should help them control the boards and limit Portland's second-chance opportunities.

Overall, I believe the Wolves have the edge in this matchup, and I would back them to come out on top.

Back