Can you gift lottery winnings in Canada?

kayode10

$Points
I was watching a news about lottery this afternoon and the guy who won the huge amount of money pledge half of it to his favourite childhood club so that they can have enough funds.

One of the random question that comes to my mind this afternoon is that Can you gift lottery winnings in Canada? I would like to know your opinion on this question in the comments section below thanks.

Gifting out your lottery winning is not a function of country. It is a function of your choice. Afterall, no one will be asking you where you get the money in case you want to gift it out anywhere you stay.

If you win certain amount of money, you can give some to the charity depending on whatever you want and you can also give it out to somebody you know it is your money and you will decide what to do about it

Yes, it is legal to gift lottery winnings in Canada. However, there are some rules and regulations that you must follow in order to do so. First, you must ensure that the person you are gifting the winnings to is at least 18 years of age.

Back